There is nothing more classic in women’s footwear than a good pair of Mary Jane shoes, best known in Spanish as Merceditas. I think all of us have or have had a pair in our life. Flat or heeled, black or colored.. this shoe is a good classic.
Today I decided to do a DIY to my old pair that I had forgotten in the bottom of my closet. They are ideal for this season, that is not extreme cold or extreme warm. Make a bow for your shoes and wear a great classic in a different way.
- Mary Jane shoes
- Ribbon the color you want
- Needle and thread
1. Cut two pieces of ribbon of the same length. Form double bows, exactly the same size.
2. Sew the center of the bow together.
3. Make a knot at the back.
4. Tie the elastic band around the center of the bow.
5.Cut the excess of elastic leaving a couple of inches behind. Make a small loop with the elastic and sew.
6. Pass the elastic loop of the bow through the strap of your Mary Janes.
And voila!! You can remove and put back the bow on your shoes anytime!
The bow gives a sophisticated touch to your classic Mary Janes, ideal for this wedding season, baptisms and other events that soon comes with the spring.