Hello DIY‘er! I’m finally back in Barcelona and ready to give it all this summer! The last few days in Miami were very nice, but the day I had to leave, I was very nervous… A tornado started just in the hours of our flight… so you can imagine… many canceled flights, delays, endless hours and thousands of people with complaints and claims…but I’m here safe and sound and wanting to DIY lots of cool projects!
Following the last post on the blog of Inspiration: drop waist dress let’s recreate the cut of this dress, very easily. Ready to make your drop waist dress in less than 30 minutes? Let’s go for it!
- Shirt or blouse
- Fabric: similar or contrasting
- Measuring tape
- Sewing machine
1. Measure the hip (the bottom) the front and back of your blouse.
2. Cut two rectangles of about 45 cm high x the double you measured at the front and back of your blouse.
3. Put them over each other and sew the sides together.
4. Fold your shirt (side seam together) and you will find the middle of the front and back.
5. Find the middle of your sewn pieces too.
6. Join the middle back and middle front with the middles of your sewn piece. Join the side seams too.
7. Ruffle the piece of the bottom to the shirt and secure it with pins before sewing.
8. Sew on the inside.
9. Try the dress on and decide the length and sew the bottom.
Done! Cool and easy to do… you just have to do an extension to a blouse or shirt you already have. You can use a similar fabric of your shirt or you can also opt to use a contrasting fabric… for example, if your shirt is striped you could do the bottom in polka dot print. 🙂