Spring is around the corner, and I already have itchy fingers for making changes in my home! I love to transform the spaces and corners for a new season… For a long time I was trying to catch a pair of night tables, but oh my! the prices in the market are crazy! So although I did not like the actual ones I had, I decided to transform them to save me some money… and you actually save a lot this way!
See how you can make a DIY bedside table makeover very easy and very cheap!
- Gold liquid paint and/or golden spray
- Classic knobs (about € 1.50 each)
- Thumbtacks (the package alone is worth € 0.60 in oriental bazaars )
- Application of ” L ” (In hardware stores a pack of 4 units worth around € 1.80 and come with the screws)
- Ruler and marker
- Semi gloss golden color vinyl
- Vinyl spatula
1. Sand and clean the surfaces to be painted the knobs and ” L’s ” and if you do not use vinyl, sand the top of your night table.
2. Paint the ” L’s” and knobs. (You can get them in gold in advance, but I preferred the painted effect)
3. Mide com una separación de 2 a 3 cm donde vas a martillar las chinchetas, marca con un puntito. (yo lo hice en todos los bordes)
3. Measures with a space of 2 to 3 cm would you will hammer the pins, mark with a dot. (I did all the edges)
4. Screw the ” L’s” in all the corners leaving the same separation. Paint the screws after screwing them in.
5. Put new doorknobs. If you’ve opted for the vinyl as I did, cover the entire top of your night table, if not, paint it gold.
6. You can change the legs of the bedside table, but I wanted to save some money so I spray painted them gold.
And voila! New night table! In total I have spent (drums please… ) 8.50 € And I think that it was worth it, they are a couple of unique night tables !
I hope you liked this DIY night table makeover!!