Hello DIY’ers! You may have already seen through Facebook, Twitter o Instagram, that I’m spending these holydays with my family in my beloved island, Dominican Republic. I didn’t want to pass these days without showing a DIY Party top to wear on New Year’s eve (or other parties) With a classic strap top you can give a touch of fun color or even transparent fabric at the back. In this case I used a sequined top and neon yellow silk to give a bold touch. Surprise everyone with a ‘POP’ of color for this great night!
- Sequin Top
- Contrast color fabric you prefer (silk, transparency, chiffon, lace… )
- Needle and thread (or sewing machine)
- Bias ribbon
1. Cut in a straight line in the center of the back without separating it completely.
2. Separate each side and place the bias ribbon as I have shown earlier in THIS tutorial.
3. Cut the opening slightly larger in the liner. You will use this to sew the fabric on here.
4. Cut a trapezoid wider than the opening of the back with the fabric you selected.
5. Do two or three folds on each side of the center and attach them with pins before sewing.
6. Place the folded fabric at the opening and secure it with pins. Sew with hand stitching or machine sew the fabric to the top.
You can give a very cool touch to any outfit only contrasting fabrics with strong color to your monochrome party top. In this case, I think the neon yellow contrastes beautifully with silver sequins… And I liked the longest back, like a tail … but you can make it shorter version or just the same lengh.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, you can follow more DIY ‘s like this DIY party top following our blog on Facebook! Thank you for supporting this blog DIY’er!