Hello DIY‘ers!! How are you? After these couple of months without writing any posts, I’m back with more DIY tutorials… I needed to take a little break from the blog for several reasons. One of them being the most important reason, is that I’m pregnant!! I’m already seven months, but I still have some energy to show you a few tutorials more before my baby is born. If you follow me on my Instagram account, you’ll see how big my bump is!!
I have always kept all my thread bobbins in a wooden box, but having so many, they always end up tangled and it is a waste of time to start looking for the color I want. So I created a DIY thread hanger, easy and quick to make. I have been using this hanger kite a while now, next to my sewing machine and I am delighted how practical it is. To make yours, here is the how to…
- Wood board (the size you want)
- Nails (long) and two short
- Pliers or tweezers (optional)
- Rope, cord or ribbon
1. Measure your wood board and divide it marking dots with your pen (depending on the width of your board) with a space of about 10-15cm between each dot.
2. Place the nail on the dot you’ve done and nail it down as straight as you can (if you’re afraid of smashing your fingers, hold the nails with the pliers or tweezers)
3. Keep nailing down all the nails until you have all the nails you want on the board.
4. Nail down the two small nails on the upper sides of the wood board.
5. Tie the rope or cord to hang to the small nails on the wall.
And voila! Organize your thread bobbins as you like. I organized mine by type and color. You can also hang other sewing materials you want to have on hand.