A ‘Must’ to live in Barcelona is to have at least one pair of shoes that are comfortable and that looks good with all your daily outfits… because in this city you end up walking A LOT! (foreigners who live or have lived here, know what I mean) This is why without a good pair of leather flats you wont survive (I know, I sound dramatic…hehe). And what’s better than the famous slippers to fill in this role!?
These I have are from the Danish brand Ecco, and I love them. As they are basic black, you can play with them and “decorate” them creating accessories you can remove. As in the post DIY Buttons shoe accessory. Do you remember it? For this DIY you only need about 10 minutes and few materials to make your own accessory for your DIY tassel slippers.
- Slipper shoes with a “tongue” so it protrudes to place the accessory.
- Bra strap (or any black elastic)
- Scissors, thread and needle
- 2 small rectangles of leather, imitation leather or fabric
- 2 Heads holes to make necklaces
1. Cut two pieces of elastic, first measure around the “tongue” of you slipper.
2. Sew a few stitches creating a ring with the elastic band.
3. Cut small fringes on the leather pieces. And cut in half each one (you will have 4 pieces)
4. Roll the 4 rectangles to create the tassels.
5. As the heads that I have are double, introduce each rolled tassel in each hole with a little glue.
6. Sew with a few stitches the heads to the elastic rings.
And just place the elastic ring around your slipper “tongue” and done!
With this type of removable accessory can make many variations to change the look of your shoes. Imagine one with crystals or multiple tassels…
Until the next post DIY’er!