Slip-ons, no lace sneakers, slip on sneakers, or skaters… whatever it is you call them they are here, and stepping very strong in the trends this season! Personally I declare my love for the ones from Céline. But let’s be realistic, my pocket and that price have nothing in common. It’s an impossible relationship… So join me all you DIY’ers that always are looking for a Plan B when it comes to dressing trendy and not having to rob a bank. Let’s declare our unconditional love for DIY! Let’s make our own slip-ons with animal print !
- Basic Slip-ons (I got these at Lefties for 8€ on sale, but other low cost brands also have them)
- Animal print fabric that you prefer (preferably stretch fabric “t-shirt fabric” ) I chose this slightly abstract animal print, it is not clear if its snake print, fish or cow… ( but that was the thing I liked about it)
- Scissors and/or cutter
- Textile glue
1. Cut two pieces of fabric that are part of the pattern that you like.
2. Make sure to cover the entire front and sides.
3. Put dots of glue around the part you want to cover and paste the fabric on. Put extra glue on the edges.
4. With a cutter or scissors cuts the excess fabric from the sides. (with the blade of the cutter or scissors, put the edges of tissue between the shoe and the sole)
5. Follow the same process all around the front. Let everything dry thoroughly .
And done! Slip-ons with animal print (unique) for less than 10€. I’m sure these will be one of your favorite comfortable shoes this season, ware them with your boyfriend jeans or with a special skirt. I hope you will like to do this DIY and save some money ! If you get tired of the pattern just rip-off the fabric and glue some other one!