Hello DIY’ers!! I hope you’re enjoying the summer and the Sales officially starting today! (in Spain) In this post I’ll show you a technique to shorten your winter pants to turn them into summer shorts! A very easy DIY but with a Chic result!
Shorten and modernize your pants for the season with the hem “a la bias” with this tip to shorten your pants to get a profesional result 😉
- Pants of your liking
- Measuring tape
- Color bias ribbon you prefer (I used a coral pink color for a cute contrast)
1. Try the pants pants on and decide where you want to cut them and mark with a pin.
2. Turn them from the inside out and measured from the bottom part of the pants up to the mark of the pin. Use this measurement to mark all around the leg from the bottom to the top. (is a good tip to make it even) Repeat on the other leg.
3. To sew the bias ribbon: Open the bias ribbon and fix the edge of the ribbon to the edge of the pants (pants inside out)
4. Sew by hand or machine right were the fold is on the ribbon.
5. Turn your pants to the right side and bend the ribbon down and then up to the front.
6. Fix around the edge with pins before sewing.
7. Finally just hand sew or machine sew, right along the edge of the ribbon.
Here’s another idea to shorten your pants (or skirts) for this summer and give them a colored touch on the edge.
I’m not too much into animal print, but this zebra print on shorts with a touch of coral pink looks great! I hope you like this idea 😉
Until a next post DIY‘ers!!!