Today it’s officially the first day of summer! And it’s time for sandals and more sandals! This time of the year is definitely my favorite! And you can not miss a DIY tutorial for your feet with so much sunshine and hot weather!
In this tutorials I’ll show you step by step how you can customize in a very simple and fast way, your basic strap sandals to give them a more interesting look…
- Basic sandal
- Two belts (I got them for less than 1 € in an oriental bazaar, or you can recycle some you already have)
- Leather punch
- Twist yarn and needle (alternative, strong glue)
1. Close your belts to use the buckles as decoration. If you prefer not to use the buckles, just cut two pieces of a belt.
* I chose a reptile print belt with metallic and black tones to give contrast to my black sandals.
2. Carefully cut into one end of the strip, removing a layer of leather of the belt to make it thinner so it can bend easily.
3. Fold this piece in half and measure to the strip of your sandal and make a double hole with your punch.
4. With twine thread sewn through hole to each side. Or you can fold and glue it with extra strong glue.
5. When you have both sides of the sandals, measure up to the strip above to adjust the belt. (Always measured with the sandal on, because it can change position)
6. Do the same steps, cut and remove half of the layer and fold in half to make the hole twice with the punch.
7. Sew or glue the top to finish.
Done! Different sandals to stand out in your summer look.
A small tip: You can invest in a good basic sandal, then do this accessory you can get on and off using velcro instead, to close it from behind and you can use brooches as in the tutorial of “Shoe accessory”
I hope you enjoyed this post! Until the next DIY’er! 😉