You might know the typical watches with porcelain bands as the ones from Chanel or Dior… So for this DIY we will make a “low cost” version of these porcelain bands just using Hama beads . Renew your old watch with this technique using elastic thread to create an adjustable watch band for your wrist. Remember THIS DIY ?
- Hama beads color you prefer
- Elastic thread
- Pointless needle
1. Remove the sticks in the ends to hook the straps.
2. Place 2 beads on the stick and place it on the watch.
3. Start sewing with the elastic thread following the photos.
4. Continue sewing the beads like in the photo. 1, then 2, 1 then 2 …. so on.
5. Measure the band on your wrist to check when to stop to have the perfect length.
6. At the end insert the stick on the last two beads.
7. Place the stick on the watch and cut the excess threads to tie them inside the beads.
Done!! A new watch you can make under 15 minutes … And it seems to be made with porcelain!
Until the next DIY !