Hello DIY lovers!!! Back with a new DIY and more collaborations! I liked so much the clothes at the HUMANA stores and their campaign DONATE FASHION that I decided to do another collaboration post. Yeah!!! This DIY is simple and easy to do, you don’t need sewing machine or mad crafters skills. In this tutorial I will show you how you can customize a typical “granny” cardigan into something much more cool (ideal for these chilly spring nights out in the festivals and parties of the season) Let’s DIY a fringe cardigan!
- Cardigan, jersey or any knitted top. (from second hand store HUMANA )
- Yarn or thin rope
- Thick needle
- * Optional: buttons, thread and needle
1. * Optional: Changes buttons, by colored contrast buttons.
2. Look at the figures on the knitted fabric pattern and decide how to follow it.
3. Cut strips of yarn or rope about 20 -25cm long.
4. Pass two yarn strips in the needle and pass the first point where you want to start in the middle of the back.
5. Make a double knot with the yarn. (this way there will be four fringes in each tassel)
6. I chose to make a “V ” on the back. Just follow the pattern of the point and leave a space of about 2 cm between each tassel.
I hope you enjoyed this post and you will be inspired to donate the clothes you no longer use to Humana and their Donate Fashion program. Enjoy spring, all the festivals and the magical nights!
With lots of Amor from Barcelona 😉 XX