I’m sure that like me, you have some pieces of jewelry that you no longer use or are broken … Before throwing them away, re-invent them and make new jewelry pieces.
In this tutorial I will show you how to re-use your old chains and trimmings left over to create an original multi chain bracelet. I used the same technique and some leftover of the tutorial DIY DRAMA necklace.
- Piece of leather or felt 6-8 cm high by the width of your wrist in a metallic color
- Chains, metallic ribbons or strips of gold and silver sequins
- Closures and jewelry rings
- Leather Punch
- Transparent Strong Glue
- Jewelry pliers
1. If you have a piece of leather or felt of any color, you can cut a strip about 6-8 inches wide by the length of your wrist and paint it in gold or silver. Punch a hole in each end with a the leather punch.
2. Put a ring in the hole in each end.
3. Paste one by one the chains or sequins horizontally with transparent glue.
4. You can mix all types of chains, even mix metal colors.
5. Let dry everything well and place the closure at the ends.
6. With a piece of chain place it on the opposite end so that the closure has a hanging piece.
This bracelet is quick and easy to make with this technique, and the mixture of gold and silver looks very cool. You can make many pieces of jewelry from your old necklaces, earrings and bracelets you don’t longer wear or are broken… before throwing them away, think what you could do with them and with a little patience and imagination you can achieve great things DIY’er;)
Until the next post!