Hello DIY‘ers! Today I’ll show you a way to reuse textile scraps. As a designer, it’s inevitable to feel a great passion for the textile world. When I sew, sometimes I am lucky to work with true wonders of fabrics, unique and very special textiles… And sometimes I’m left with a few pieces of fabric that are too small to sew a whole piece but that I still feel bad about throw in out. So let’s do a DIY with them! DIY scrap bracelet, an easy DIY and a nice gift idea too. An we get to re-use and re-cycle. Yipeee!!
- Textile scraps (Mine is a scrap from a Thai silk fabric. I love the print.)
- Textile glue and / or needle and thread
- Tube hooks (closures)
1. Measures the scrap around your wrist and cut to size.
2. Join the good side with good side and sew or glue the edges.
3. Wen it’s dry, turn the piece inside out by the ends.
4. Enter the ends inside the tubular locks with glue and let it dry.
5. Do the same on the other end.
This way you can make all the bracelets you want… You can use any piece of fabric or leftover from another DIY or a piece of a garment that has a sentimental value but is no longer useful… It can be a nice souvenir of your grandmas special scarf that has a hole, for example.