As I mentioned in the post of DIY clutch with latch, there’s nothing like a visit to the hardware store to get inspired with all the materials they have. All may have another purpose and other ways we can use them. Like these aluminum hinges. I liked their brightness and size, and why not make a nice elastic hinge bracelet? This tutorial is super easy and you won’t need to set a closure.
- Hinges (6 to 8 pieces depending on the thickness of your wrist)
- Thin elastic cord (You can use the color that you like)
1. Cut a long piece of elastic. Insert the elastic through the two hinges holes, putting a hinge over the other.
2. Thread the elastic through the top hole joining the two hinges.
3. Repeat this process by overlaying all hinges in the same order.
4. Turn the entire piece and tie a double knot on the inside of the bracelet to close it.
5. Turn the piece out again and it’s done! Isn’t it super simple?
I love using different materials to create unique pieces, and I think this DIY hinges bracelet is a fun and special accessory. If you want to go with a more sober look, you can use the elastic in black or silver, or for a more daring look neon colored elastic can be very cool too.