Hello DIY‘ers! Are you traveling this summer? I hope so! Here I present you with a new post from our DIY Travel Kit series.
One of our fears when traveling is our security, especially if going to an unknown place and we are staying in a hostel or hotel… Today, many hotels have safety boxes in the rooms, but some don’t. This happened to me when I traveled to Thailand last summer. You are put in the position of going out with all your money, cards, documents, passport on you, and eventually you end up overwhelmed. In this case, you can use what I have called the DIY secret hanger. Here you can store whatever you want without being noticed where your stuff is.
Want to make your own? It’s easy!
- Canvas fabric
- Bias ribbon
- Invisible zipper
- Secret hanger pattern download HERE and HERE
- Sewing machine
1. Join the pattern and cut the fabric twice leaving a 1 cm margin.
2. Sew the invisible zipper on the bottom.
3. Sew the bias ribbon on top where the hook will go as we did in this tutorial.
4. Sew the edges with 1cm margin to close it. Turn the entire piece inside out.
5. ¡Enter your hanger and your done!
Enter your money, documents, keys or whatever you want to keep safe… Close the garment you have hanging on the hanger and it will not be noticed.
PS! I’m not saying this is a burglar-proof system… but the dismissal can help