This summer season parties and cocktails starts inviting us to show our best fashion… And what’s better way to add a touch of sparkle and color to your look that through your accessories?
In this tutorial you will see how easy it is to make a statement maxi earrings to highlight your face and neck. Using rhinestones, plastic and tassels, you can make this original DIY jewelry pieces.
- Basic flat jewelry earrings
- Fringed strip or if you prefer a finished tassel
- PVC or magic plastic (like the one used in this project)
- Jewelry rings
- Transparent Strong Glue
- Jewelry pliers
- Needle and thread
1. I’ll start from the top down, first choose which rhinestone you want to be the main crystal for your earring and glue the basic flat earring at the back.
2. You can use a transparent PVC film or shrinkable plastic (plastic magic). Cut an oval or rectangle shaped with two heads with holes and place a ring in each hole.
3. Start gluing the rhinestones from the midel to the sides so it’s symmetrical. If you prefer, you can glue the crystals with no particular order.
4. Join this dry piece with the rhinestone at the top (step 1) and places a ring at the end.
5. If you already have a tassel, place it on the last ring. If not, you can make a tassel as I did. Rolling a strip of fringe and then sewing it together or just pasting it with textile glue.
6. Finally, attach the last tassel on the ring at the bottom and it’s done!
Here are your statement earrings ready to wear with your best look this summer! When using shrink plastic (magic plastic) or PVC the earrings are much more lightweight and comfortable.
I hope you like this DIY idea! Until next post!