I’m sure that like me, you are probably already thinking about what to wear for the holidays… Whether it’s for Christmas, company dinner, out with friends or new year’s eve. We all want to look spectacular. And we know that one of the key pieces that can frame our face nicely and accentuate any good look, are the earrings.
Don’t miss how you can make these DIY vintage inspired earrings, you can wear with different looks. You will see that the materials that you can use are very light and will not be uncomfortable to wear after hours of partying. Are you up for it?
- Piece of leather, imitation leather or felt for the base
- Plastic crystals in the tones and shapes that you prefer and/or beads
- Base earring and two pieces of jewelry wire
- Chain with rhinestones or sparkly trimmings
- Pincers and pliers for jewelry
1. Before you start, create a composition you want with your crystals and rhinestones.
2. Glue the crystals one by one on the leather base. You can use the chain or trimming for edging or framing your composition.
3. To create a vintage-inspired earrings I chose these crystals that have a little old effect on the back.
4. When your compositions has dried on the base, cut the contour as close to the edge as you can.
5. Glue the earring base behind and let it dry.
6. Inserts a bead on each wire and with the pliers twist the ends to make two hooks.
7. Insert each hook at the ends of your compositions to bring them together and create the earring.
And voila!! Now you have new earrings for the holidays! This style of earring is a fairly neutral tone you can wear with your traditional lace dress or with your neon party top.
Until the next post DIY’ers!!!