Hello DIY‘ers! Here is the post I promised you! DIY Side stripe pants. I have selected the double side stripe pants with contrasting colors of our inspiration post. And you? I know that you guys liked the tut I did on DIY side stripe pants… So here I propose a 2.0 version. There are several ways to do this DIY and it’s silly how easy it is to do it and how cool the result looks…So let’s get started!
- Ribbons and trimmings of your liking
- You can glue, sew by hand or machine
* I used a strip of pink cotton bias ribbon with a silver sequin trimming.
1. To begin, place the first ribbon just below the waistband with the tip bent inwards fixed with pins.
2. Go over with the ribbon on the side of the leg, to the end of the pants and fold under the excess tip inward.
3. Glue the ribbon or sew it by hand or machine.
4. Place the next ribbon and repeat the process.
*I have sewn the first ribbon with the machine and the second one by hand.
I loved using these contrasting colors! long live colors! It definitely gives an original touch to the pants.