There are many different trends this season, but certainly this is one that we all have seen… “transparencies“. Used in accessories made of plastic or jewelry made from plexiglass, clothing made with gauze, mesh or other materials that give this effect.
This season I also joined the transparency trend, aside from being aesthetically interesting, it gives the feeling of freshness and lightness. It’s very easy to convert your classic black pants in to a garment much more “IN” and modern.
- Classic black pants (if you don’t have you can take advantage of sales discounts at the moment)
- Black chiffon (better not to use organza, since it doesn’t have good fall)
- Chalk mark
1. Place your pants on the side and measures about 5-7cm from the side seam on to each side. Draw a rectangle (starting from the hip spot you prefer, I started it under the pockets)
2. Cut where you marked. Repeat this same process in the other DIY pants leg.
3. Cut a rectangle of the same size of your hole. Leave some extra length 3 cm for hemming the bottom.
4. Fix first the top (hip) pants with the chiffon.
5. Sew 1cm deep. Make a diagonal cut in the corners to make it easier to turn the piece around and fit better.
6. Fix the rest of the whole with the strip of chiffon into the pants.
7. Overlock the seams to finish (if you don’t have an overlock, just zig-zag the stitches on your sewing machine)
I hope you will be inspired to try this trend! You can apply this technique to “lounge” style white pants for a more casual look or dressier pants for summer.
I hope you enjoyed this DIY pants.
Until the next post DIY’er 😉