This time I decided to go a little further and make a bigger DIY project. A sofa table for the center of my living room … But do not panic, it’s super easy to do and will cost you very little …and use some recycled materials!
First things first … You’ll need this piece that many of you already know … the famous pallet. If you have a good smile you can get it free at a department store or a factory.
· 4 bolt wheels. (you can buy them at a hardware store) but you can opt for metal wheels or old legs for a more vintage look.
· Screws and screwdriver to mount the wheels.
· White matt paint or color of your choice (water based)
· Brush or foam roller.
· Glass plate, the same pallet size (I had this old glass from another table)
· If you want, paint over with matte varnish to prevent staining and the surface will last longer (recommended for homes with pets and / or children).
1. Sandpaper the edges to remove any slivers of wood and smooth surface.
2. Paint the entire pallet with one or two coats depending on how you want to the final look. (I have given only one coat because I wanted the veins to be seen) Let dry everything very well.
3. Screw the wheels or legs at the four corners with screws and screwdriver or electric screwdriver.
4. If you have the chance, put a glass plate on the table. If not, I suggest you varnish very well the surface so it doesn’t absorb any drop of coffee, wine, tea … that may spill and stain the table.
Put it in the center of your living room and enjoy it with your best company!
What better that your guests compliment the table? and you say ….I made it myself! 😉