I love complex maxi necklaces with big chains! But many times when looking at a maxi necklace I like in a store the price is not my friend… That’s why I couldn’t resist making a Maxi DIY chain necklace in silver (and plus a few tricks of where to get these huge chains very cheap) 😉
- Thick chain (I’ve got this chain that appears to be metal but is plastic and is super lightweight just for 2€ in an oriental bazaar, in the “bling bling” man section)
- Medium chain (Here is a little secret: It’s a dog chain, which you can get in an oriental bazaar too for the modest price of 1€)
- The crystal trimmings (I used a leftover from another DIY “Drama Necklace”, you can get in a haberdashery)
- Crystals or rhinestones of your liking
- Jewelry rings
- Jewelry pliers
- Fishing line or ribbon or silver cord
- Glue and fabric or foam for a base
1. Make a composition with the crystals gluing them on the piece of fabric or foam.
2. When it’s dry, cut around the edge.
3. Measures the length you want for your necklace and cut the chains.
4. Join the chains linking them with fishing line, ribbon or cord like if you were sewing them together.
5. I decided to use silver ribbon to give it a thicker look.
6. Finally join the last chain with the crystals the same way.
7. Find the midpoint of the necklace and place with rings the crystal composition from step 1.
8. Put more single crystals on each side of the large crystal composition symmetrically.
9. To close the necklace tie a piece of ribbon or string at the end to close it.
This type of necklace looks good with different looks, whether worn with jeans and a tee for a casual look or a simple summer dress for a cocktail or special dinner.
I hope you enjoyed this DIY, it’s very easy to do and the materials are very easy to get too 🙂
Until a new DIY!