Hello DIY’ers! We could’t pass this season without a DIY Statement necklace tutorial to shine at dinners and parties! Statement necklaces are very IN, and is a good bet wen you want to give a special touch to your look! And you can do this by recycling your old jewelery and even some clothes… This is a braided fabric necklace with crystals. Look how easy it is to make your own…
- Any items you want to recycle. (I used a silk silver pajamas that was stained)
- Crystal Neclace to recycle
- Pliers and scissors
- Single crystals (optional)
- Tube closure
- Needle and thread
1. Cut into long strips the pajamas.
2. Cut 4 strips and tie them together. Follow the steps in THIS tutorial.
3. At the end of the braid, measure it around your neck. Make a knot all in the end.
4. Introduce the left over of the knot in the tube-type closures with a glue drop and let it dry well.
5. Detach the necklace and separate the crystals and chains you want to reuse.
6. Sew the remaining chain on the braided necklace. Tie a piece of fabric to the middle of the chain. (you will use it later and this way you will measure the center of your necklace)
7. Place the leftovers crystals on the necklace where you prefer, and sew them to the chain.
8. With fabric glue, glue the crystals on the braid and the larger crystal on the fabric tied in the middle of the necklace.
9. Let everything dry well and it’s done!
Reusing old pieces of jewelry and also clothing, you can make cute necklaces and interesting and unique pieces.
I hope you like this and will be inspired to make your own 🙂