Hello DIY‘ers! Continuing with another piece of our DIY Travel Kit! Let’s make a DIY sleep mask! Definitely a piece that many of us need on a trip, especially if you’re going to make long trips by bus, train or plane… is very uncomfortable not to be able to sleep because of the light and it’s a tiny piece that won’t bother you in your bag. How are you liking the DIY travel kit so far? I’m so in love with this world map print fabric! do you like it too?
- Cotton canvas fabric
- Sleep mask pattern DOWNLOAD HERE
- Bias ribbon
- Wadding or cotton
- Sewing machine
1. Cut the fabric double following the edge of the pattern.
2. Cut the same shape in wadding or cotton.
3. Put the wadding or cotton between the two fabric pieces.
4. At the back of the mask (the one in contact with your eyes) set the bias ribbon securing it with pins.
5. Sew on the fold of the bias ribbon.
6. Flip the bias ribbon to the front part of the mask.
7. Introduce the elastic in bias ribbon at the front.
8. Sew around the edge of the bias ribbon sewing both the elastic and the ribbon.
And voila! I love how this world map fabric, I hope you will be encouraged to make your DIY sleep mask.
It’s a very original gift idea… and if you want a more relaxing effect, you can put a little lavender scent to sleep better.