I’m sure that like me, you have a pair of forgotten jeans you used to wear all the time… but suddenly one day the love was gone … Let’s update them and give them a second chance.
With just a little textile paint you can update your forgotten jeans with geometric drawings. A very easy DIY and very “IN” jean style.
- A pair of jeans
- Thick paper or cardboard
- Ruler and pencil
- Textile paint (colors of your choice, I just used white)
- Brush or sponge
- Masking tape or pins to attach the template
1. Draw on the cardboard or the paper half diagonal lines and some diamonds and squares.
2. Fold the paper in half and cut double your drawings. This will create a symmetrical template.
3. Here you have the template ready.
4. Position the template wherever you want on the pants and secured with tape or pins to keep it from moving. I fixed the template on both sides of the pants.
5. With the sponge or brush give little touches of paint on the template.
6. With this technique the result is not perfect delineated figures… But still a fun craft finish.
7. Carefully remove the template and let it dry.
8. When it’s dry, iron the painted surface to set the color.
Done! A different and fun pair of jeans for this spring. You can combine this style with boots or sneakers and casual tops. I haven’t lost the opportunity to combine it with my “DIY customized watch”
Feel like painting you jeans?