Today is September 1st, and that just means one thing… Summer is coming to an end. But to welcome the fall and the chilly temperatures what’s better than a DIY?
I created this DIY for COSMOPOLITAN magazine Spain and it’s designed for you beginners out there who want to start with an easy project and get a cute and fast result. I Hope you like my proposal to customize a basic sweater with sequins in about 10 minutes.
You can find this DIY in Cosmopolitan magazine Spain in the new special edition of September.
- Sweater or basic jacket
- Sequins fabric of your taste
- Textile glue (or needle and thread)
- Paper and Scissors
1. Place the paper on the shoulder of your sweater and trace the shape of the shoulder pad you prefer to create a template.
2. Cut the template.
3. Place the template on the sequin fabric folded in two and cut out leaving 1cm margin around the edge. So you get two shoulder pads.
4. Place the sequins pads on the shoulders setting the extra cm inwards of the margin with pins on the garment.
5. Slowly lift the edges and glue underneath to the sweater with some glue drops. (you can also do some stitches on the edges)
Your sweather is ready for fall! I hope you enjoyed this DIY proposal..
Until the next post DIY’er!