Hello DIY’ers!! The holiday season is just staring, and one of the things, apart from the gifts and the food we mostly think about, it’s what to wear…for Christmas eve, company dinners, New Year’s Eve… and a thousand other celebrations. I will show you an easy DIY, without sewing (if you prefer). To give an extra kick to your look.
For this DIY we are collaborating with the online boutique BOOHOO.COM An online fashion store with own brand, with very cool designs for both men and women. Read on and find the link to make this trench coat!!
- Beads, buttons, studs or crystals to decorate
- Measuring tape
- Chalk or marker for clothing
- You can choose from sewing the crystals with needle and thread or gluing them on.
To make this DIY, I have chosen this trench coat with a very fluid fabric. You can find this coat even in plus sizes in black and fuchsia HERE. I love it !!
1. Choose the beads or crystals you want. I found these triangular silver ones that seemed very original and different.
2. Measure with your measuring tape and mark where you want to place the crystals. (so you can sew them or glue them on the couch watching a good movie) I have placed the crystals on the sleeves and the back cape.
3. As the crystals are a triangular shape, I chose to sew them in rows with a spacing of 10 cm, each row looking up or down (see photo) When you already have a mark where you want your crystals to go, just sew with few simple stitches or glue them on.
You can wear this coat on any of your party looks. It has a subtle touch of sparkle so it will even look good with your daily denim outfit.
I hope you enjoyed this DIY. Remember to visit Boohoo.com web site to check out their cool designs!