Hello DIY’er! Have you already bought all the shop on sales? I found this basic black knit skirt for only 3€. I was unable to resist making a lingerie skirt that is so IN this season. It can also be made on a dress or top. It looks great combined with a thick knit sweater, as it balances the ” fine” and “fragile” lace with the thickness of the sweater… I love this contrast!. In this post you will see how easy it is to make a DIY Lingerie skirt! Do not let this season pass without wearing a garment inspired by lingerie 😉
- Basic Skirt
- Lace Trimmings
- Optional: Elastic bias ribbon
- Needle and thread (sewing machine if you have one)
1. Open the elastic bias ribbon and place it on the edge of the waistband.
2. Set the elastic bias with pins.
3. If you have sewing machine, sew zig zag stitches stretching slightly the skirt at the time. If you don’t have a sewing machine do the same stitches by hand.
4. Place the lace starting at a side seam of the skirt.
5. Stretch the knit skirt slightly on a cushion. Keep placing the lace on the edge with pins.
6. When finished, overlap a few inches to the lace and cut.
The lingerie style items such as tops, dresses or skirts (in this case) have been and still are a MUST this winter season. You can find them at various stores, but you can make yours for much less than half the price, and even less if you reuse a basic black skirt that you already have 😉