Hello DIY‘ers ! Here’s another piece of our DIY travel kit, do you like it so far? I’m crazy about the whole set and I want to travel with it now!
In this tutorial I will show you how easy it is to make a DIY Brush bag. If you remember the DIY makeup bag tutorial, I explained how important it is for me that the bag don’t get makeup pigment stains inside. So in this DIY I have done the same. I lined the inside of the Brush bag with plastic for easy cleaning with a damp cloth. At the same time, this bag prevents the tips of your brushes from muss and lose their shape by being divided and organized. I hope you like the result of this tutorial.
- Canvas fabric
- Thin plastic
- Bias ribbon
- Elastic ribbon
- Sewing machine
- Pattern DOWNLOAD HERE and HERE
1. Print, cut and put together the pattern. Place it on the fabric and the plastic and cuts the pattern shape out.
2. Join the plastic with the fabric sewing the edges with bias ribbon as in this tutorial.
3. Place the pattern on top of your sewn piece and mark with pins on the edge where the piece should bend as the pattern describes it.
4. Fold the bottom up and sewn vertical divisions the sizes you want for your brushes.
5. Cut two pieces of elastic about 15 -20cm and sew them on the left edge as shown in picture above.
6. The flap of the top is left loose to open and close so that your brushes are protected.
Done! Just put your makeup brushes in each division, fold the top flap and wrap the bag. To close the bag surround the “wrap” with the elastics.
I hope you enjoyed this new piece of our DIY travel kit.