Spring is here and we all want to renew, change and update our home … It just seems that ur pockets don’t want to follow our good intentions. That’s why I love to do DIY low cost decorating projects.
With only about 5€ I made a mirror to decorate the living room, the entrance of your home or a special room. Definitely a super easy tutorial but with a spectacular result. This piece is inspired by vintage wall mirrors that are so IN at the moment.
Feel like spring decorating? Then check out this tut!!
- Strong glue
- Boudoir or toilet vanity round mirror (available in bazaars)
- Circular plastic plate mat or circular plastic placemats (also from the bazaar)
- Spray paint gold, silver or bronce
1. Disassemble the vanity mirror.
2. When you remove the mirrors use the normal mirror without magnification. (careful not to break them during removal)
3. Paint the plastic mat with spray paint and let it dry. Give a second coat if necessary.
4. When it’s dry, proceeds to glue the mirror.
5. Put a good amount of glue in the center of the mat.
6. Paste the mirror in the center of your mat and let it dry flat. Don’t lift it up until it’s completely dry.
And…. ready to hang up! It’s a super easy project with a great result because after the plastic it’s painted with the gold it looks like an an original vintage piece.
TIP: You can make a trio of mirrors of different sizes and make a very nice composition on the wall of your home.
I hope you enjoyed this idea to decorate your favorite space spending very very little!