Hello DIY’ers ! Lately I’m becoming a big fan of XXL necklaces (yes, even more) This DIY multi chain necklace is the typical accessory that can transform a simple basic outfit in to a more interesting look.
In this DIY tutorial I will show you how you can reuse your old jewelry to create a necklace with leather, studs and gold and silver chains… With a Rock and Roll vibe, baby!
- Leather or leatherette
- Studs and crystals of your liking
- Chains of different thicknesses, gold and silver
- Jewelry Pliers
- Jewelry rings
1. Make a symmetrical base cutting the leather in half moon shapes. In this case, I made three pieces connected by rings.
2. Make holes with the punch and set the studs.
4. Glue the crystals on the leather bases and let dry.
5. Now just install chains on chains… Start with the thickest. Set it on the leather bases separation with rings.
6. You can do more holes with the punch and go hooking more and more fine chains between the thick ones.
7. Hook the chain to wear the necklace around your neck and placed a closure.
8. You can stop here or decide to continue. I wanted the necklace to be quite long and exaggerated… so I hooked another leather base.
9. Repeat the same process and glue more crystals, attach more chains and set more studs.
And the XXL necklace is done!
This DIY is a very exaggerated necklace to wear with a simple look. You can also do it with one tone metal, for example: it would look good in silver tones and base gray leather… There are many possibilities!