I love autumn and its colors! The warm tones as mustards and oranges, make this time of the year very special. That’s why I created this DIY tutorial to make a necklace of roses with these vibrant colors. Taking inspiration from the flower necklace by Bimba y Lola. See how you can create this necklace of roses with pieces that you already have at home.
- Small piece of synthetic leather, leather or foam for the base.
- The leather flowers are from old clips and elastic bands for the hair (you can find them at oriental bazaars for less than 1€)
- Scissors and glue
- String or linen ribbon
- Closures and terminations for ribbon or string
- Two elongated pieces of jewelry (in this case feathers)
1. Cut the foam or the leather for the base, the size and shape you prefer.
2. Take off the flowers from the hair clips.
3. Glue the pieces on each side to add a bit of strength to the base and it has two attachment points . (it doesn’t matter the shape of the pieces, since it will go under)
4. Glue the flowers one by one in the composition that you like.
5. Let dry everything well.
6. Cut the ribbon in two and put the ribbon closures at the ends. (measures the desired length for your neck)
And Voila!! A very romantic and autumnal necklace! The flowers made of leather and felt give a warmth feeling along the mustards, oranges and neutral colors .
I hope you like this technique to create this necklace inspired by the flower necklace from BIMBA Y LOLA . And if you don’t have this type of hair clips, you can get them in the accessories section of H & M or as I mentioned further up in oriental bazaars .
Until the next post DIY‘er! Have a happy start of the week ! 😀