Did you used to make “Scoobies” at school? Then this DIY will be very easy for you do and will remind you of your school years.
In this tutorial I will show you step by step how to make a cube braid with satin ribbon to do a pretty and original necklace.
- Satin ribbon (minimum 6 meters)
- Jewelry Chain
- Locking and rings
- strong glue
- Jewelry Pliers
- * Optional: A decorative charm. (I chose a star)
Follow steps 1 to 12 with the satin ribbon starting from the middle:
1. This is the braid finished. Lock with a double knot.
2. Put a ring and a lock in the end of the braid you started with.
3. Hook it to the chain.
4. Apply glue to the end piece. (I used this flat terminations special for ribbon)
5. Paste the end with the knot of the braid to the flat piece and close it.
6. If you want, put a charm before you close the loop linking it to the chain.
The cube braid made of satin ribbon gives a nice effect and is very light and pleasant to the neck.
It’s an ideal DIY gift and a cool idea to make bracelets.