Some time ago I heard that the CD’s about to go out, as we use more and more USB sticks and SD’s … So I decided to do a CD recycling project.
I made a DIY necklace very easy to do and you only need your old CD’s, glue and a base. So let’s recycle!
- CD’s of different colors
- Foam or felt
- Extra strong glue
- Large craft scissors (do not use you fabric scissors)
- Locks and a thin chain with two rings
1. Cut the foam or felt in a bib shape.
2. If you prefer, you can make a paper template for trying it before on your neck and then use it on the foam to cut a precise shape.
3. Cut CD’s creating a composition with identical shapes in pairs or if you prefer all into small pieces with random order.
4. Start pasting from the center out.
5. Work you way out and create a composition on both sides with equal pieces.
6. Put a ring at each corner and attach the chain.
As you can see, I used CD’s that have different base colors to make a more interesting and bright composition.
Done! An original recycled necklace. Perfect to wear with a sober look to give a bright touch to your “outfit” …
It’s a very cool technique to apply to bags, bracelets, earrings, folders …. you decide!