An androgynous look in a girl’s closet is always sexy…
In this tutorial I will combine the necklace (feminine) with the bow tie (an item of man clothing). Take a tie from your boyfriend, husband, friend, brother, father… and a simple chain. Let’s do a bow tie necklace. A chic accessory for Valentine’s Day.
Do you dare to rock the bow tie look?
- Needle and thread
- Necklace chain (long or short)
1. Cut the thinnest part of the tie.
2. Cut two strips about 25-30cm of the thinnest part of the tie. Cut another small strip of about 8 cm long.
3. Join the ends of the long strips and sew them.
4. It’ll look like these two rings.
5. Join the two rings sewing zig-zag stitches to pleat the center.
6. Pull the treat and sew it together.
7. With the small strip make a loop in the center of the bow.
8. Sew it in the back.
9. Sew the ends of the chain to the top corners of the bow.
The necklace is done. I’ve done it with a long chain to have the option of shorten it, as in the photo above. (just making a knot in the back).
Do you already know who your stealing the tie from? 😛