The feeling of spring is increasing and I’m looking forward to seeing more colors! Lately I’ve been inspired by recycling garbage to transform it into fashion pieces that really look good. I din’t want to lose the opportunity to show you this technique of recycling. You may have seen it … But have you tried it?
With simple can tabs (soda, beer, corn, tuna …) You can crochet lots of cool fashion accessories and this tutorial I’ll show you how you can weave a belt with satin bright color ribbons to live up your spring. INCLUDES VIDEO!
- Can tabs (better if they are equal)
- Varied satin ribbons (approx. 10 meters each)
- Crochet hook
1. Tie the ribbon in the first tab.
2. Like you do a basic of crochet weave … Do two around the first ring. (VIDEO)
3. Position the second ring over the first woven tab. (You have to put it in the same order)
4. Weave joining the first tab to the second with two basic crochet stitches.
5. Continue this process until you have the desired length of the belt.
6. Do the same stitches below changing the color of the ribbon.
7. Pass two other color ribbon through the middle of the tabs.
8. Braid the two remaining ends. (with this braid you will tie the in belt)
9. Make two knots at the end of the braids to put through some colorful ribbons.
10. Turn everything down and tie, to create the tassels.
Here is the finished belt!
It’s a recycling project that gives a fabulous result and it’s an ideal piece for spring / summer …Imagine your denim shorts with this belt on the beach!
I hope you try it! You can also apply this technique to make bracelets and necklaces 🙂