Continuing with the oriental trend… I wanted to make the garment of the moment. It was “in” last summer but we see it coming back this spring. The kimono.
I wanted to make a simple tutorial for all… It doesn’t matter if you don’t have a sewing machine, you can make yours just using scarves, a needle and thread. It’s a kimono-cape version and I’m sure you will not want to take it off this spring.
- 1 large square scarf or 2 small. (I bought these two scarfs on sale at H&M)
- Needle and thread
1. If you are using two scarfs (as I did) Put one above the other, with the right face of the fabric facing inward. If the’re printed, face them in the same pattern point (like a mirror)
2. With basic stitches sew in a straight line joining what will be in the center of your back.
3. Cut the excess of fabric and open the piece.
* From here on follow the steps if you are just using one big scarf.
4. Fold the piece in half and sew about 15 cm in the two corners inward. (see picture of the illustration above) These will be your sleeves.
Here’s your kimono-cape!! Isn’t it simple? It will not take more than 20 minutes and if you sew it by sewing machine it’s even faster.
As you can see you can dress from head to toe in DIY creations and customizations. ¡You will the only one with that look!… Isn’t that what we all want?
I hope you enjoyed this DIY tut, it’s suuuuper easy and looks great with shorts, dresses, jeans, tops, heels …..
Until the next post DIY’ers! 😉