More DIY ideas to customize our basic tees for this summer!
In this tutorial I will show another technique you can use when creating designs, patterns and textures on your T shirt or any other garment. Using tulle, you can create patches on your clothes with the design you want. Keep reading and see how easy it is…
- Basic T shirt
- Elastic tulle (I chose a neon coral tulle)
- Paper, ruler and marker
- Sewing machine
1. To make a symmetrical design, fold the paper in half. Draw geometric figures as you prefer.
2. Keeping the paper folded cut out the shapes to use this as templates.
* If you want you can skip the step of the template and design a figure direct on the T shirt.
3. Fold the T shirt in half by the front center to find the middle and mark it with pins.
4. Place the template over the T shirt or under (if the T shirt is see through) and marks the path of the drawing by dots with the marker.
5. Place the tulle on the design and fix it with lots of pins.
6. Sew with zig-zag on the design, stitching above the path of the points to secure the fabric.
7. Cut the edges of the seams leaving 5 mm or less.
8. If it’s a little wrinkled, you can iron it on the reverse with a little steam.
With this technique you can create a thousand different designs and shapes. By using elastic tulle to make patches on the garments you will give your DIY’s a fun texture and color.
Until the next post DIY’er!!!