Hello DIY’ers! How is your summer going? I arrived from London a few days ago were I was taking a course at Central Saint Martins that I won at Barcelona Creativa contest… But I’ll tell you more about that later;) Meanwhile if you want to check out some pictures from my trip to London stop by my INSTAGRAM account.
In this tutorial, following the inspiration eyelet post we are going to make a simple but cool customization for our basic, bland and boring T shirt we all have. I used the same knitted eyelet fabric I used in the DIY skirt tutorial. Ready? Let’s get to work!
- Tshirt the color you prefer.
- Eyelet, brocades, or guipure lace knit. (stretch)
- Sewing Machine
1 Mark a straight line with pins from sleeve to sleeve over the chest on your T shirt.
2. Cut the shape of the eyelet fabric to make a more original edge.
3. Place the edge of the fabric on the line of pins on the T shirt. Set the eyelet fabric to the T shirt with pins.
4. Cut the eyelet fabric along the edge of the collar and sleeves. Do not remove the pins.
5. Sew around the edges. Join the eyelet fabric to the T shirt with a zig zag stitch. Cut along the back of the fabric of the shirt and remove it so that the skin shows through the eyelet.
Do you like it? I think this touch of eyelet fabric gives it a more interesting and chic look to the typical white Tshirt. You can see how to combine this garment on your holidays in THIS POST