I love lace, but sometimes it is difficult to get an application shape I like and fits my budget… To create your own custom lace application (much cheaper) You can opt for this old trick. You can create the shape, size and lace composition you prefer, with a little patience. Are you up for it?
In this case I wanted to give a different touch to a shirt that had lost a bit of my interest… But you can do it on the garment you prefer.
- Garment of your choice (in this case viscose shirt)
- Scissors (best if you have small ones, for better accuracy)
- Lace fabric that you like
- Textile Glue
- (Optional) Lighter
1. Study carefully the shapes of your lace fabric. When you’ve chosen some ones, cut finding the mirrored same shape (two, one right and one left for each shape)
3. With the garment (in this case a shirt) extended it flat, Put between a sheet of paper or cardboard to separate it from the back, so that the glue does not strain to the other side. Make the composition you prefer with your lace pieces on.
4. Paste slowly with the fabric glue.
5. Let dry well. (if you do not use fabric glue, you can do some hand stitching on the lace pieces)
Voila! A new shirt with very different style! It’s a very simple technique that you can apply to your clothes for the holidays 🙂
Until the next post DIY’er ! 😉