Hello there! Did you like the selection of images of the last post inspiration bohemian shirt? Here you have a DIY tutorial for you to transform a basic shirt or tunic into a more boho chic style shirt. You can use a man’s shirt too. It’ll look great with your jeans or your shorts! Personally I think the pieces with a bohemian vibe are ideal for summer. What do you think?
- Shirt or tunic
- Embroidery thread and sewing thread
- Sewing Machine
1. Place the ribbons one by one as you on the shirt.
2. Fix the ribbons with pins. Sew them by machine or by hand.
3. Choose a pattern embroidery stitch on your sewing machine. (If your machine does not have these options, make a simple zig zag line or straight seams exchanging the thread colors)
4. Sew some lines with embroidered stitch you selected on your shirt.
5. You can decorate with these stitches anywhere you want. I have sewn on the chest and collar of the shirt.
6. Make tassels with embroidery thread. Sew them to a ribbon and then to the collar of your shirt.
And you’re done! It’s fun to decorate with the embroidery stitches of your sewing machine, there are a thousand options. Can you imagine a summer dress with these stitches?… It could be so beautiful!