Hello DIY’ers! Today I will show you a DIY proposal to customize your bag. You can transform any bag with a special touch just with a visit to the hardware store. In this case, I found a latch closure that i loved, and placing it on my faux python clutch I bought on my trip to Thailand, makes it a unique and different piece. Join in and go to your nearest hardware store… I’m sure you will find a piece that will delight you too.
- Handbag (you can use any bag you like)
- Door latch closure
- Fabric glue or universal strong glue
- Something to overlap the holes (I used sequins but you can also use buttons or studs)
1. Find the middle of your bag and glue the side of the latch that touches the top of the flap. Let it dry well.
2. To overlap the holes, glue a couple of sequins, studs or buttons or just leave it like that if you like it.
3. Continue with the bottom. Measure well in center and paste the loch under the button.
4. Close the holes with sequins.
It’s a super easy DIY that will change the style of your bag! I love the effect on the metallic finished latch on the python skin. How would you transform your bag?