Hello lovely DIY’ers! Today I bring you a little surprise!! (free bolero pattern) Because it’s our anniversary… Yes! Today the blog celebrates its first year! YIPII!!! And I wanted to thank each and one of you dear readers and blog followers who are always reading the tutorials, giving good advice and being part of this platform we have built all together! Thank you! And what’s a better way to celebrate a birthday than with some sequins and sparkle? Download the free pattern and follow the steps to make your own party bolero!
- Fabric you prefer (in this case sequined fabric)
- Bias ribbon
- Scissors and pins
- Sewing Machine
- Pattern which you can download for free HERE (download the PDF and print the pattern on a large scale printer 100cm wide x 80cm high)
1. Place the patterns on the fabric. Cut the pattern leaving 1cm margin around the edges.
2. Place the two fronts (face to face on the right side of the fabric) with the back. Join the shoulders and the sides with pins.
3. Sew with 1cm margin.
4. Join the sleeves the same way and sew.
TIP * If your sewing machine can not take the sequined fabric. You can unpick the sequins just where you will sew and remove the margin of sequins so it won’t bulge into the seam .
5. Sew the sleeves in to the arm whole of the bolero.
6. Since this bolero has no lining, it will be finished with silver bias ribbon in the seems inside.
7. If you do not remember or do not know how to sew the bias ribbon you can visit THIS post.
TIP ** When I finished the bolero I wanted to give the fabric a personal touch… and ripping some random rows of sequins of creates a very interesting cascading or rain effect. Now is a unique fabric!
I hope you enjoy this bolero pattern that you can use for whatever you want depending on what fabric you use to make it in. It can be a casual bolero or even a party or a wedding bolero.
Thanks again DIY’er, without you this would not be the same! Until next post! 😉