Hello DIY’ers! Following the last post “Inspiration marble print” I wanted to sign up for this trend too. I made a DIY painting a shirt with this marble motif… There are many ways and techniques to achieve this stone on fabric… Here you will see the one I used to make my shirt. I hope you like it, you can see more Marble print inspiration on our Pinterest.
- Shirt (preferably a light color)
- Plastic Bag
- Bowl with water
- Textile Painting (water based) black, brown, blue or gray.
1. Insert the plastic bag in the middle of the shirt so the paint wont go through.
2. Few drops of paint diluted in water to create a lighter color.
3. Dip the sponge in the water-color and spot some parts of the shirt. (To make a base with deeper areas).
4. Add a little more paint in water color, start drawing fine zig zag lines. To achieve this you can make “imperfect” strokes holding the brush as far as possible from the tip. It dosn’t matter if you make larger strokes than others, it’s all about making it “imperfect” .
5. To give it more life, use pure undiluted paint and draw over some lines to accent a little more.
6. Finally splash a few drops of paint in different areas, this will help the marble effect.
I hope you enjoyed this post “how to make marble print”. Remember that there is room for errors, as there are many types and colors of the marbles. You can do a thousand versions and all will be right. If you still don’t dare, practice on a piece of fabric before. This way you can see what you like and what you don’t.