As you may have noticed, one of my favorite clothing pieces is the blazers. I think that it’s a great garment to complete any look with a subtle androgynous touch and gives the impression of a clean outfit. Very professional yet sexy.
I din’t want to miss the opportunity to make another DIY white blazer transformation, as it is the garment of the moment. This time I went for a more romantic and soft look, mixing pompom’s and lace.
Continue reading and see how you can make this DIY in less than 15 minutes …
- Blazer or jacket
- Lace collar (the ones sold for the front, I’ve used it in the back)
- Strip of pompom’s
- Sewing Machine (if you don’t have you can do it by hand with needle and thread)
1. Fix the pom pom’s to the lace collar using the pins.
2. Place this piece in the center of the back of your blazer and secure it with pins.
3. With zig-zag stitch, sew the entire piece of lace on top of the pompoms to the blazer.
4. Using the scissors, cut around the inside part of the blazer to cut out the fabric in the form of the piece so it is see through.
5. If you don’t have a sewing machine, make small hand stitches to the piece of lace and pompoms on the blazer.
You can also do this DIY on the back of a shirt or a top.
This effect created between the pompoms next to the lace piece transform a simple white (boring) blazer in to a much more interesting and unexpected blazer with a very feminine back.
I hope you will try experimenting mixing applications like these pompoms with lace or ribbons …
Until the next post DIY’ers!!!