One of my favorite accessory pieces are the rings … I love to wear one or two that highlight’s the hand and add that extra something to complete a good outfit.
I wanted to make a ring using fabric to make it lighter using the technique of knotting. In this tutorial you will see how easy it is to make yours just tying a knots … Do you feel like knotting?
- Base jewelry ring
- Super glue
- String or strip of knitted fabric (you can get it by cutting an old Tshirt)
1. Make a basic knot starting at the middle of the strip of fabric.
2. Continuous knotting more knots over each other. Do all the knots you want in the order you like while shaping the knots in a round form.
3. When the set of knots is the size you want, cut the leftovers of string.
4. Paste the big knot to the base of the ring.
5. Let it dry well and it’s done!
Depending on what color of fabric you use it will look like an abstract rose. It’s an easy way to create accessories with no weigh.
Until a next post DIY’er! 😉