I’m back from Thailand DIY‘ers! And I’m full of energy to start the new season with DIY’s for all tastes and levels! (soon photos of my trip 😉
I have been seeing that the trend of “lace up” or short boots with semi-open sides are sweeping the streets this season… And of course we can’t leave the DIY version out. You will see how easy it is to use your old “lace up” or “brogues” and renew them only by cutting holes.
Want to try?
- Shoes (lace up, brogues, boots, ballerinas ….)
- Permanent marker of shoe color (optional)
1. Start by cutting out the shape you want on one shoe.
2. Do it slowly and carefully.
3. Take out the shape you cut out.
4. Invert the piece that you cut out and placed in the same place on the other shoe. (this way you can use this shape as a template to cut the exact same shape)
5. Cut the shoe tongue off inside.
6. (Optional) In the case of my shoes, the interior was a lighter color than the shoe and it contrasted on the edges of the hole. You can paint the edges with permanent marker so it won’t notice.
Tadaaa! The shoes are ready!
Isn’t it easy? I hope you like this idea to renew your shoes without spending any money 😉
A big kiss DIY’ers! Until the next post!