Do you have one of those caps lost in your closet that you got on a holiday years ago or a souvenir cap with a logo you don’t like? You can customize it to transform it into your favorite cap for this season … Not only to protect yourself from the sun… but also to complete your summer look with a stylish DIY cap.
You’ll need few materials and only 15 minutes …Make your own DIY cap!
- Square or triangular studs
- Foam or felt
- Textile Glue
1. You can put the studs directly on to the cap, but I have chosen to place them on a foam base so I could place them straighter.
2. On a piece of foam draw a 90 degree corner. Start placing the studs on the corner on the line.
3. When you have positioned the studs fold the teeth behind.
4. Keep placing very close all the studs using the line as a guide.
5. When you have the desired size of studs in the foam to cover the logo, trim the excess of the edges.
(view of the back)
6. Put a good amount of glue to the foam and glue it to the cap on the logo or embroidery you want to cover.
7. Let it dry well.
8. I also placed a decorative stud at the closing at the back to complete the style of the hat.
By using a kaki green cap with golden studs applications it gives the cap a very “IN” military look … You see how simple it is to update a cap to give it a more chic look. You can also update the cap with buttons or other studs you have on hand.
I have a completely new cap with a military look and love it! What about you? How are you making your DIY cap?