Do you like the effect of worn and torn jeans and do not know how to get it?
Transform your basic jeans to worn shorts with studs. It is very simple and you don’t need to sew ….NOTHING!
- Studs (I chose these old gold triangular shaped)
- Measure tape
- Cutter, knife or razor
1. Try the jeans on. Decide the length you want your shorts to be and mark with a pair of pins one of the legs.
2. Fold the jeans in half and cut about an inch longer than where you marked. Use this range as the fabric is fraying … First cut a leg and then cut the next using the previous as a guide.
3. Pull all the strings you can to create the effect of fraying.
4. With the cutter or knife, scrape all corners and edges of the garment.
5. Make holes with a clean cut and then stretch the strings …
6. I designed previously how I wanted the studs to go. In this case I wanted to make a triangle with triangles: P
7. Place them one by one in the position and location you prefer. Close them behind using pliers or only the tip of the scissors or a knife.
Here is the final worn effect on the shorts. Another tip is to scrape areas with sandpaper.
Feel like cutting your jeans?