I’m sure that like me, you might have a shirt in your closet that feels bored and abandoned …Let’s give it a twist to make it a statement piece for the season! With a few simple steps, you can make these holes in your shirt to give it a much more interesting look and you don’t need a sewing machine!
- Classic shirt
- Needle and thread or fabric glue
- Paper and pencil
1. With the shirt on completely closed, stand in front of a mirror. Mark with pins where you want the hole to go. (Make sure your bra won’t show)
2. When you have marked the hole on one side of the shirt, copy the figure on paper so you can transfer the same figure on the other side and get a symmetrical look.
3. Trace the borders of your paper figure with chalk so you have a guide where to cut.
4. Cut with 1cm margin into the hole.
5. Make a few small cuts in curves and corners.
6. Fold the excess margin to the back and fix with pins. Sew with simple stitches or glue it with fabric glue, if you don’t want to sew.
7. Iron everything to make it perfect.
Here is the final look!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and you get inspired to renew your shirt …It looks great tucked in a cool skirt!
With what piece would you combine it?